Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is a special day to me. Just a few years ago (you're welcome, Mom, for not saying how many) my sweet mom was born on this day. And, boy am I thankful she was.


My mom is great. Seriously great. She is the most loving, hard-working, supportive, loyal and honest person that I know. I want to be like her in so many ways. She has provided me with everything that I have ever needed. And when money couldn't buy it, she was a shoulder to cry on, or someone to laugh so hard you cry with.


When I was growing up, sometimes I would get a little depressed about not having any brothers or sisters. You know, every kid wants someone to play with, tell secrets with etc. Now, looking back, I am so glad I didn't! Because that meant my mom was mine. ALL mine. She played with me, listened to my secrets, pulled jokes on me, drove me crazy and became my very best friend.


I love so many things about my mom. I love the way she can fall asleep anywhere at anytime. I love how, even on her most stressful days, she can take time to talk to me on the phone. I love the way she loves my dad so many years later. I love how she takes spontaneous trips. I love how she takes leaps of faith and blindly follows the Lord's direction. I love the way she thinks I am hilarious. I love how great of a friend she is to her friends. I love how she has always been supportive of my dreams and goals (even when those included becoming a worldwide singing sensation). Most of all, I love the way she loves the Lord with her whole heart.


I LOVE YOU MOM! So thankful God gave us each other. Hope your birthday is the best one yet!

1 comment:

  1. I am blessed to have you for my daughter! Looking back, I too am glad there was just one of you.... couldn't afford anymore! Thanks for the sweet birthday wishes. I love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete