Saturday, August 11, 2012

USA! USA! USA!


THE OLYMPICS ARE UPON US! Okay, they are basically over now, but you better believe that is all I have been watching for the last two weeks. I love the Olympics! And I am obsessed with women's gymnastics. Let me give you the back story...

When the US Women's Gymnastics team won the gold medal in the 1996 Olympics, I was glued to the TV. Of course, I was only 8 years old, but I was fascinated by everything about the "Magnificent Seven!" 

After the Olympics were over, they released a highlights VHS and I begged my parents to buy it for me. Little did they know, I would go on to watch this video EVERY single night for about TWO years. Y'all, I wasn't kidding when I said I was obsessed. (I could probably still recite it to you verbatim). 


So, with all the buzz about the gymnastics team this year, I followed it closely from Worlds, to trials, all the way up until they WON THE GOLD METAL!!!! 


I was SO excited for little Gabby and co! Honestly, Kyla was my favorite going into the Olympics. As the youngest on the team, she totally came through for USA! And Aly and McKayla were fabulous as well! Totally loved cheering on the Fab Five!

Also, I am soooo in love with Michael Phelps and Kerri & Misty! 




I'm sad to see the Olympics go...it's been so much fun cheering for USA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment