Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Crafting

Two weeks ago, my boss was traveling for a wedding, which meant I would be working from home. So with a few days of no commitments, I packed up my bags and went to visit my parents. I didn't think those days would happen very often post-college, but at the first chance I got, I sped home. Figures.

To say the weekend was a success would be the understatement of the century. Becks took me shopping literally every day and treated me to some fine dining. I had forgotten what it felt like to eat a home cooked meal.

On top of being treated like a princess, I decided to spend some of my time crafting. Now, I would like to think that I am crafty and creative, but I usually never finish a project. I get distracted too easily. But not this time!! I completed several crafts, and I can’t wait to share them with you.

First, my friend Rachel made this adorable garland type decortion with fabric flowers (CUTE) and hung it around the mirror in her bathroom. Adorable, right? So I followed this tutorial from Wednesday and made myself some fabric flowers.

Our bathroom didn’t really have a color scheme, so I just did lots of different fabrics. Here is the finished project:

You just can’t not be happy in our bathroom :) Also, gotta love an iPhone pic.

The next craft was quite the undertaking. I had seen these cute pictures of “ribbon walls” all over the blog world. I hadn’t the first clue how to make it, but Becks and I trekked down to JoAnn’s and talked to their pros. I bought about 5 different fabrics measured to the height I wanted my ribbon wall to be.

Then, we measured out 2 inch strips along the top of each piece of fabric.

Instead of cutting each strip (like we have stupidly planned to do) we just ripped the fabric. Genius. Becks and I could have literally kissed the woman who gave us that tip. Saved us so much time.

Finally, I just tied each strip to a curtain rod and place it behind my headboard.

Ta-da! It was super easy, and I love the way it brings more color and craftiness to my room.

Keeping my handy-woman streak alive when I got home, I added some pictures to this big empty wall in my room.

It looks really empty in the picture, but the frames really add a lot to my little room.

I also decided to paint our old, ugly white bookshelf gray! I think it looks 100 times better :)

Hope you are inspired to craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment