Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Current Favs

1. Pinterest

I’m not going to lie, when I first got on Pinterest I wasn’t a fan. I didn’t understand why people cared about looking at things stangers like. Now I get it. I have found some of the cutest crafts and ideas on there. People are just so smart. And have a lot of time on their hands.

I did try one recipe I saw on Pinterest… okay maybe recipe is a stretch. I saw this picture of chocolate covered chocolate chip cookie dough and literally started drooling.

I am pleased to report, I am a huge fan.

2. Mane 'n Tale

I’ve heard for a while now, that using horse shampoo and conditioner can make your hair grow faster. I’ve always wanted to try it, but wasn’t willing to have my hair smell like animals or feel like sandpaper. But this summer I got my grown up hair cute, and now I no longer want to feel like a grown up. I’m ready for my long hair to come back. So I splurged and bought the horse shampoo.

It is so wonderful. It smells heavenly and my hair is super soft! I’ve only been using it for 2 weeks, but I can already tell my hair is growing and it is definitely thicker. I will be back to my “long hair, don’t care” mentality in no time. Or something like that.

3. Up All Night

I know I talk about TV a lot… probably more than anyone should… but this show is seriously hilarious. I watched it twice and laughed out loud both times.

I just love Christina Applegate and Will Arnett together. If I didn’t love Any Poehler so much, I would want them to be married in real life.

4. Soap Operas

Many of you probably know this about me already, but I am a soap opera fan. Big time. My earliest memory of the daytime world was when I was 6 years old sneaking out of nap time at Meme’s house to watch Days of Our Lives with her.

From there, my obsession snowballed. I spent many hours of the summer watching Passions (RIP) Young and the Restless, General Hospital (Carly + Sonny forever) and All My Children. I am so sad that so many soap operas are being cancelled, but then I remember all the immoral and horrible things soap operas represent and I’m not as sad.

But as long as I live, I will be a Days fan. Shawn+Belle, Bo+Brady, Mimi+Rex… yeah, I am a little OTT.

5. Snappy Salads

I don’t really have a story about why I love this place so much. J’Lyn and I could probably live off Snaps for the rest of our lives… or at least once a week.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment