Sunday, August 21, 2011

Catch Up & 23.

The last couple of weeks have been rather busy. Last weekend, I made the trek back to Abilene for Ashley’s graduation. It was surprisingly refreshing to drive into that little town. Compared to Dallas, it seems to tiny. Like I could just pick it up and put it in my little pocket. My days consisted of babysitting and swimming with Rachel, eating the BEST meal of my life at Sharky’s, seeing Glee 3D with the biggest Gleeks I know, and renting Soul Surfer. If you haven’t had the privilege of watching this gem, I highly suggest it. Especially Carrie Underwood’s Oscar-worthy performance.

This weekend, I spent some QT with some of my favs exploring the magical city of Dallas. Then, I trekked over to Fort Worth for my Dad’s birthday celebration at the one and only Clown Burger. It was so great to spend a day with my family. My mom and I also went to see my old roommate Laura perform in Hairspray. She was Penny Pingleton, and let me just say, she was A-MAZING. Seriously.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23.

In exactly 9 days, I am turning…gulp…23.

23. Twenty-three. Whoah. 23 year-olds are smart. They are sophisticated. They dress up for work every day, order expensive salads at lunch, drink wine, spend the weekends at clubs and definitely know where they are going in life.

Or at least, that’s what I thought.

In no way do I feel old enough to be 23. I usually wake up after 9am, rarely wear anything other than my pajamas at home, never order salads at dinner, and on a Friday night, you can find me browsing Pinterest or watching Big Brother while day dreaming about where I want to be in a year. Yep, this 23 year old has no idea where she is going.

But hey! 23 is not that old. It’s not! I did some research and found other famous 23 year old women.

Rihanna. HOT. And 23.

Alexa Vega, remember? From Spy Kids!

Julianne Hough—23 and fabulous!

So until that dreaded day, I will soak in being 22, hip and young. Or at least just being 22.

1 comment:

  1. Two of my favorite things were mentioned in this post. Julianne Hough and Clown Burger.

    ReplyDelete