Monday, August 1, 2011

Hotel Apartyment

This weekend we hosted our very first house guests! Some of our best friends made a trip in from Abilene to spend the weekend in Dallas. Rachel and Wayne, you will probably only ever hear me refer to them as Waynechel, came in town for a friend's wedding and they let Roefer tag along.


Of course our first stop was a late night trip to Pokey O's.



If you have never been there, go. Basically, you pick out cookies and a flavor of Bluebell ice cream and they make you an old-fashioned ice cream sandwich. Yum.


Saturday consisted of shopping at one of my favorite places in Dallas. NorthPark. And let me tell you… I love that place, but they took an awful lot of my money. Funny how that happens.


Then we headed over to Freebirds for lunch. It was good, but Sharky’s is still #1 in my heart.



After a quick stop at Mockingbird Station to pick up my new bedding (EEK!) we forced the boys to help us with some handy work at the apartment. I’m sure they loved it. Then, because they boys loved to help us SO much, we painted two walls in our living room.





Here is the before:



Here is the after:



It’s a light coral color, and it really doesn’t look as bright in person. We love it. There is just no way you can’t be happy when you walk into our living room! I promise we will have more pictures to come as we decorate.


Sunday, we went to church at Watermark followed by lunch at the always delicious Pei Wei (or Pee Wee as Roefer likes to call it). Also, let it be known that we sat only a few seats away from THE Jason Castro from American Idol at church. I like to say it is our first Dallas celebrity sighting. Check. Then our friends made the long trek back to Abs and I miss them already! Please come back sooooon!!


I would also like to note that today, August 1,2011, we officially have cable and internet in our apartment! It’s hard to imagine that we actually lived without these luxuries for two weeks, but, thankfully, we made it. Phew. Until next time…

1 comment:

  1. Love the coral living room! I want more pickies of the apartment!

    ReplyDelete