Monday, August 29, 2011

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.

Where do the days go? I feel like the older I get, the faster the week goes. I can’t believe I graduated from college. No more school, forever. I can’t believe my college roommate is getting married in 4 months. It feels like yesterday we were day-dreaming about what it would be like when she got engaged.

(p.s. can NOT wait until 12.10.11)

This weekend, the whole “where do you see yourself in five years?” topic was brought up. It’s crazy to think that five years from today it will be the day before my 28th birthday. It will be the year of my 10 year high school reunion. My niece will be able to legally drink alcohol. And I have absolutely no idea where I will be. Maybe I will be a cruise line entertainer and introduce Sing Song to the thousands of people on board. Maybe I will be living in Chicago working for an elite event planner. Or maybe I will be Lawton, Oklahoma living in my parents’ basement. Who knows? All I do know, is that five years can come and go in a flash. And the past five years of my life (excluding roughly August 2007-January 2008) have been some of the best years I could have asked for. I find myself constantly thankful for the gift of great friends.

Speaking of great friends… After four years of being separated, my lifelong BFF, Partner in Crime, blood sister I never had, Amanda and I are finally living in the same city. This girl is my saving grace. She knows me sometimes better than I know myself, and she has been the best best friend in the history of the world. I am beyond thrilled that we are in the same city. Woo!

This past weekend, I took a spontaneous trip west with Tate to visit some of our friends (#twelve) before they get sucked back into the world of classes and homework. And let me tell you, this was exactly the weekend I needed. We spent Friday night catching up, and some of us acted a little cray. Then Saturday consisted of Sharky’s, swimming, sunburn and Perini’s. The perfect day. Our plans were to leave on Sunday, but somehow we got talked into staying until this morning.

So, yesterday, after church, we did some minor shopping, ate at a delicious little pizza place I had never been to (oh, the many hidden treasures of Abilene) and watched the VMA’s, where my homegirl Britney was the star of the show. Except for when that she-man Lady Gaga kept trying to take her spotlight. Not cool.

It was the perfect weekend of sweating my face off in Wayne and Roefer’s apartment, way-too-late-night girl talk with Emily and Rachel, and laughing so hard I choked. Three times. Great friends. Great weekend. What more can you ask for?

Oh, and I am dying for this. Just in case you were wondering…

Get More: 2011 VMA, Music

No comments:

Post a Comment