Sunday, May 19, 2013

On the move...

Moving. Moving. Moving.



I feel like that is all that I have done in the last two years. Emily and I moved into a new apartment last July, and, due to some extenuating circumstances, had to move to a new apartment a few months later. 

All this moving around got me thinking... Do you ever feel like you are right where you are supposed to be? 

I wasn't sure that feeling existed for a while. You see, I am quite an indecisive person. I don't like choosing what to wear, or where to eat, and when it comes to life decisions...forget it! I went back and forth four times when it came to picking (and staying at) a college. There is just something about permanence that scares me.

People always ask me how I like living in Dallas. I usually respond with some awkward high-pitched "Greeeaattt! Love it." Which then leaves people confused as to weather or not I am serious or joking. The truth is I don't even know. I grew up in a suburb and I am used to the traffic scene and big city living. But being away from it for a few years and visiting my parents in smaller towns has made me start to re-think where I want to end up. Dallas isn't somewhere I see myself in 10 years, but lately I've had the feeling that it is right where I am supposed to be.

Jobs will come and go, it's just a part of life. But I can tell you that having pretty much all of my closest friends and a huge chunk of my family within a 40 mile radius is pretty special. How does that happen?! So, if you'd like to ask me how I am enjoying Dallas... I will say that it's right where I am supposed to be. 

For now.


No comments:

Post a Comment