Sunday, May 19, 2013

October 2012

What a crazy October...I'm not even sure where to begin!

Like most schools, ACU celebrated their Homecoming during the middle of October. I wasn't able to attend last year, so this year I was more than excited to put on my full alumni armor and live it up at all the festivities. Unfortunately, the week of Homecoming, my friend Rachel's dad suddenly passed away. It was such a shock, and after everything that family has been through this year, we were all devastated. My friends and I ended up heading to Abilene mid-week to spend time with Rach and her family. I wasn't really sure how the week or weekend would be, but I can honestly say that it was one of the most encouraging times of my life. Seeing how people loved Rachel, her dad, and their whole family through such a hard time was really humbling and amazing to watch. It is just another reminder of how incredible our God is to put the right people in our lives at the right time. So awesome.








We ended up seeing tons of old friends--laughing, crying and staying up way too late. It was magical.


At the end of October, Emily and I threw a little Halloween party at our apartment. I, of course, dressed up as an USA Olympic gold medalist gymnast--my dream. Then, on actual Halloween, a few of us went to a haunted house to do it up right.



So there you have it. Another month there and gone. Onto the next...

No comments:

Post a Comment