Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I love winter. I love everything about it. Cold weather, boots, scarves, hot chocolate and all the excuses to get together with friends and family!





I was a busy beaver this holiday season, starting off with a fancy celebration for our friend Clint. Clint has been living/working in Alaska for the last several months, so when he came to visit Texas for his birthday and the holidays, he treated us to a celebration dinner! It was so much fun to have Clint back in Dal for a few days and to celebrate all together. 



On Thanksgiving, Becks and I did the Dallas Turkey Trot. Don't let the pictures fool you...I had to beg her for weeeeks to do it with me...but in the end, I think she was happy :)





Of course we had a dinner celebration on 12/12/12...Our favorite day!



Instead of doing a traditional Christmas gift exchange  my friends and I did Secret Santa and celebrated with a brunch at Oddfellows. SO. STINKING. GOOD. 



A few weeks later, my friends and I did the Jingle Bell Run, too. I'm not sure I would recommend it...but at least we got a few photo opportunities out of it.





I was so thankful to be able to spend Christmas with my parents in Oklahoma again this year. It seems that every year I am more and more thankful for a few days with my favorite people around the holidays. It's always a blessing. Unfortunately, we had "blizzard-like" conditions in OK, so we weren't able to go to Texas on Christmas Day. It was a little weird not to see my extended family, but we made up for it with a late Christmas celebration in January.





Anddd to wrap up an incredible 2012, I was sooo excited to be able to help my sweet friend Corinne celebrate her wedding weekend! She was married to her sweet love two days after Christmas in one of the sweetest I've been a part of. Corinne is such a special friend from college (we worked together for a year and a half) so it was such a blessing to celebrate with her! Love you :)



On New Years Eve, a few of my friends and I stayed in Dallas to ring in the fabulous 2013. 


It is still crazy to think that another year has come and gone, but I am so excited to see what this year has in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment